Monday, November 14, 2011

SCREENWRITING UPDATE: Won a Copy of Final Draft From PAGE Awards

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to the folks at the PAGE Awards. I won a drawing for a copy of "Final Draft" today. It's a $300 screenwriting program. Very exciting. I've been using Word, and if you're at all familiar with what it takes to format a screenplay, using Word you have to re-create margins every time characters speak and action happens and a new scene occurs ... it is a very tedious and time consuming process. That, and the info Final Draft compiles as you write on number of locations you're using (plus it keeps track of the names you're using to describe them, which will help a lot), number of characters etc. is all invaulable information for a writer keeping an eye on budget. It's just a really great resource.

I don't mean this to sound like an advertisement for Final Draft, but I'm pretty dang excited darn it!!!

I've been meaning to pick up a copy for a while, but I didn't feel like blowing three hundred when I had a program that worked for my purposes. Kind of waiting until I sold something, it was going to my reward to myself. Now I'll just have to figure something else out ...

Thanks to Jen, Zoe and all the folks over at the PAGE Awards!!!  I've said it before, I'll say it again ... PAGE is the best show in town!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment