Monday, October 24, 2011

SCREENWRITING UPDATE: New Manager Request for "Mrs. Smith"

So a fifth manager contacted me today (as in ten minutes ago) to request "Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington."

I think this much is clear so far - it's a good idea for a screenplay. The execution may be absolute rubbish, but the foundation at least seems to be there. Else, no one would be interested in reading it, right? Right. So all that is promising I guess, and certainly gives me hope that I am on the right track.

In other writing news, I met with the professor who is my advisor on my thesis paper for law school. It was not the most enjoyable of experiences. And what we discussed will be keeping me busy for the next week and probably through the Hallowed Ween holiday, just so I can finish the "first" draft and still have time to get notes and do a second draft by mid-December ... oy!

But this news does make up for that a bit.  Yay for balance in the universe!!!

Brooke Ehrlich Management (BEAM)

1 comment:

  1. There was an NPR story a few years ago from one of the guys from "Wait Wait Don't tell me" about his script being picked up. The script was about a youth during the Cuban revolution. The story sounded great! The story languished for ten years and then got turned in to Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights.

    ReplyDelete